A 10-year-old boy in Ghana built himself a car from scraps, giving all new meaning to the concept of “resourcefulness.”
credit: Kelvin Cruickshank
In Case You Missed It.
🐥 Twitter will no longer crop images in your timeline.
⚔️ HBO showed off images from its upcoming “Game of Thrones” spinoff called “House of the Dragon.”
🔫 The South Carolina legislators voted to add a firing squad to options for carrying out death sentences. As in a real firing squad! What year is this?
🗳 A team of people in Arizona are still auditing the 2020 Presidential election and now doing forensic tests for traces of bamboo to be sure that some ballots did not come from China.
✈️ The TSA may soon use imaging rather than X-ray technology to speed up airport security.
💁♂️ Facebook’s oversight board said that the company was justified in banning President Trump from the platform and they do not have to welcome him back. The former President has been using his own website for microblogging recently since losing his biggest medium.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed cases as of 6:45 p.m. ET on Wednesday: 32,548,953 — Total deaths: 579,195— Total tests: 438,358,030
- Both the Yankees and the Mets will offer free tickets to anyone with proof of a Covid vaccine. Starting May 19, New York stadiums will have vaccinated and unvaccinated sections.
- Pharma stocks took a dive on Wednesday on news that the Biden administration supports waiving the intellectual property protection on pharma companies’ Covid vaccines to share them with the world.
- Distancing measures went back into place in Australia because of one Covid case. One.
- A restaurant in Philadelphia is testing vaccine bracelets for restaurant workers to help diners feel more comfortable eating out.
- A study in Denmark and Norway found a slightly increased risk of blood clots after the AstraZeneca vaccine.