Happy Monday. Hair horns were the hottest hairstyle of the summer. Surely you already knew that and are working on yours this morning, right?
In Case You Missed It.
🌀 Hurricane Ida made landfall as a Category 4 storm and has weakened to a Category 1 as it makes its way up Louisiana. The storm was so powerful it actually caused the Mississippi River to reverse!
🥤 Applebees is bringing back the Oreo Cookie Shake because the dessert is featured in a song called “Fancy Like” and dances to it have gone viral on TikTok.
🚨 Police arrested 69 people for storming the Governor’s mansion in St. Paul, Minnesota.
📱 Google may launch the Pixel 6 ahead of the new iPhone in September.
⌚️ The new Apple Watch Series 7 will likely be released this Fall and will feature a new flatter display and flat edges. It will also come with a bigger screen.
🔥 Thousands of people have been ordered to evacuate in Lake Tahoe due to a massive fire that has been raging for weeks and firefighters are not optimistic about containing it any time soon.
Coronavirus Update: Total confirmed U.S. cases as of 3 p.m. ET on Sunday: 38,776,438 — Total deaths: 637,343
- Florida and Oregon have ordered 14 portable morgues due to unprecedented Covid deaths.
- Covid cases in England are 26 times higher now than they were at this time last year.
- A new study shows that having Covid is a higher blood clot risk than the Covid vaccine.
- The United Arab Emirates has opened tourist visas to anyone who has been vaccinated.
- The European Union may again ban nonessential travel from the U.S. due to Covid outbreaks.
- A woman in New Zealand died after having the Covid vaccine and officials say it was likely due to inflammation of the heart muscle.