Today is National Drink Beer Day. In our house, we have begun to discover the world of non-alcoholic beer. Might we suggest this recent article about this burgeoning industry to peak your interest and save you the hangover? Get a free 6-pack of non-alcoholic beer on us from Athletic Brewing company by clicking here.
In Case You Missed It.
🇦🇫 Afghanistan did not address the United Nations as planned on Monday after a last-minute withdrawal.
🇬🇷 A 5.8 magnitude earthquake struck the Greek island of Crete on Monday.
💸 Wells Fargo settled a lawsuit with the Justice Department for $37 million in which the bank was accused of defrauding hundreds of commercial customers on foreign transactions.
🇨🇳 China banned advertisements for loans for medical beauty procedures.
🔥 A new study shows that people under 40 will experience seven times more heatwaves, twice more wildfires and three times more droughts, floods and cop failures than their grandparents due to climate change.
📈 The FBI reports that the murder rate in the U.S. was up 30% in 2020 and overall violent crime was up for the first time in four years.
🗣 Google Meet can now translate spoken language between participants in real time.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed U.S. cases as of 12:30 p.m. ET on Monday: 42,945,555— Total deaths: 688,245
- The CDC says that outdoor trick-or-treating is A-OK this year but warns against crowded indoor parties.
- President Biden received his Covid booster shot on Monday.
- The European Union is evaluating the Moderna booster vaccine.
- In New York, Governor Kathy Hochul has deployed trained National Guard, retired health care workers, recent graduates and those licensed in other states to fill in for health care workers who will be replaced due to today’s vaccine mandate deadline.
- Montana VA medical center to treat non-veterans amid COVID surge.
- Variant tracker: Where different strains are spreading.