There is an asteroid heading towards Earth and NASA has a plan: Slam a spacecraft into it in order to knock it off course. In a related story my 9-year old is learning about dinosaurs in school right now.
In Case You Missed It:
👁 A new study shows that women prefer men with hazel eyes while men prefer women with blue eyes.
🇨🇳 U.S. warships are cruising Taiwanese territory and ruffling Chinese feathers. The U.S. Navy says that this is “routine.”
💵 The Biden Administration says that it finalized requirements for a $15 minimum wage for all federal workers, effective January 30, 2022.
🦞 Lawmakers in England have moved to make it illegal to boil lobsters and other crustaceans alive after new research confirms that they feel pain.
🛢 The U.S. will loan itself oil from its emergency stockpile in order to fight inflation.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed global cases as of 11:00 a.m. ET on Monday: 257,762,656 — Total deaths: 5,154,420 — Total vaccine doses administered: 7,418,271,679
- A German health minister warns that all Germans will either be “vaccinated, cured or dead” by the end of winter as Covid cases rose 50% from last week.
- Prosecutors in Italy are investigating a Covid party that resulted in at least one death and several infections.
- New Zealand will end Covid lockdowns in December and institute a “three-tier traffic light” system to give some freedoms to vaccinated people.
- The U.S. has issued a do-not-travel warning for Germany and Denmark due to rising Covid cases.
- A Yahoo News poll shows that 74% of Americans feel like their life is back to “normal” since the pandemic.