Happy Wednesday. The Free Britney movement may have won! Britney Spears’ father has asked a court to end the singer’s 13-year conservatorship.
In Case You Missed It.
🇲🇽 A 7.1 magnitude earthquake shook Mexico and rattled the capital city.
🇬🇧 Britain’s conservative Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a 1.25% health and social tax on workers and businesses. The levy will help pay for pandemic-related programs.
🕵️♂️ Steve, the original host of Nickelodeon’s Blue’s Clues, returned to Twitter yesterday to explain why he suddenly disappeared from TV back in 2002.
🎬 The ‘Matrix 4’ teaser trailer nearly broke the internet.
📱 Apple sent out media invitations for its next product launch event on September 14th where it is expected to unveil new iPhones, Apple Watches, and iPad minis. If you’re hoping for new iMacs and Macbooks you’ll likely need to wait until a rumored October event for those.
📸 A viral photograph of scared children in Afghanistan has been debunked. Turns out it was taken during attacks by Israel on Palestine many years ago.
🐅 ‘Tiger King’ zookeeper Eric Cowie was found dead in an NYC apartment.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed cases as of 12 p.m. ET on Tuesday: 40,028,975 — Total deaths: 649,134
- President Biden will hold a major Covid speech on Thursday to introduce a 6-pronged plan to combat the surging pandemic.
- The new ‘mu’ COVID variant now found in 49 U.S. states. I’d like to name the next variant ‘FU’ if I’m allowed.
- Covid-19 cases are up 300% this year from where they were last year after Labor Day.
- Kentucky governor says the state is in "dire" situation from coronavirus surge
- Dr. Fauci says Pfizer booster likely ready by Sept. 20, Moderna may need longer.
- Vietnam court sentences man to 5 years in jail for spreading COVID-19
- Podcaster Joe Rogan threatens to sue CNN over their coverage of his Covid treatment.
- New research shows that the risk of a vaccinated person getting Covid is about the same risk as “riding in a vehicle.”