Happy Friday. Anything interesting happen since we emailed you yesterday? As a matter of fact, yes…
People in Washington thought that they were seeing a meteor shower but the National Weather Service says it was actually debris from a SpaceX rocket launch.
Pepsi released a marshmallow-flavored soda in a Peeps-decorated can, just in time for Easter. Sounds healthy.
A political candidate in India is promising voters an iPhone, a car, a helicopter, a boat, a robot, and a trip to the moon if he is elected. Now those are some campaign promises!
A man in North Carolina is miraculously recovering from being bitten by his pet green mamba snake. Those are known to be one of the most poisonous snakes in the world and should not be kept as pets. Didn’t this idiot see “Kill Bill”!?
Vacationers at a ski cabin in Tennessee caught a black bear relaxing in the hot tub.
A preservative used in Pop-Tarts and Cheez-Its may harm your immune system, according to one study. Just in case you were under the assumption that these foods are good for you.
Coronavirus Update: Total confirmed cases as of 6:15 p.m. ET on Thursday: 30,061,223 — Total deaths: 546,058— Total tests: 385,820,362
- The US topped 30 million cases of the coronavirus yesterday even as states open vaccine eligibility to more people. Nearly 25% of all Americans have received at least one vaccine dose.
- A gym in New Jersey is offering free membership to anyone who does not get a Covid vaccine.
- Moderna has delayed the shipment of almost 600,000 vaccines to Canada due to a backlog.
- Comedian Dave Chappell is asking audiences to have a negative Covid test with them in order to attend his shows.
- Rutgers University will require all students to have a Covid vaccine before starting classes in the fall.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women were shown to have robust responses to the Covid vaccine and pass the immunity on to their babies.