Happy Friday. If you think you caught a catfish that breaks a record, maybe don’t eat it before the officials make it official. Now you know.
In Case You Missed It.
🍟 McDonald’s announced that the McRib is coming back on November 1st. Mark your calendars.
🎬 83-year-old director Ridley Scott says he's almost finished writing the sequel to Gladiator. Are you not entertained?
👱🏻♀️ Gabby Petito’s family has started a foundation in her honor to help the families of other missing people.
🐗 Singer Shakira was attacked by a pair of wild boars in Barcelona. Her hips are fine. The animals only made off with her purse and cell phone.
☄️ There were reports of at least five fireballs last week – meteors flying over North Carolina, Maryland, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. There was no damage reported. Goodness, gracious.
📺 Jon Stewart is back with a new Apple TV+ series The Problem with Jon Stewart.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed U.S. cases as of 3:30 p.m. ET on Thursday: 43,401,309 — Total deaths: 695,957
- Montana's ICU beds are at 150% capacity.
- Covid took over for the flu last year, leading to record-low influenza cases. Experts are pretty worried about this year now that we’re around other people again so get your flu shot!
- The World Health Organization reported Thursday that less than 1/3 of African nations have met the WHO’s worldwide goal of having 10% of the population fully vaccinated.
- The 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics will allow spectators but only if you live in China’s mainland. Covid ruins EVERYTHING.
- Speaking of which, Senator Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation to place Covid-safe limits on air travel. Happy holidays!
- How about some good news? Covid deaths are expected to drop in the US. And hospitalizations too! This is national data that might feel less true depending on where you are.