Happy Friday. A man in New York celebrated his 50th birthday by walking 50 dogs because, he says, “I love dogs more than people.” Can't fault him for that.
In Case You Missed It.
🇨🇦 Canada has voted to ban homosexual “conversion” therapy.
🖨 Scientists are working on 3D printing meat alternatives with cocoa butter.
📸 A new Canon camera can capture full-color images in near total darkness. Good news if you’re a pervert!
🇮🇶 The U.S. formally ended its combat mission in Iraq on Thursday but say troops will remain in the area for now.
🏛 A judge in Texas ruled that the abortion law that gives private citizens the right to sue abortion providers is unconstitutional. The case is still before the Supreme Court.
🇲🇽 A horrific truck crash in southern Mexico killed at least 54 people.
⚖️ Actor Jussie Smollett was found guilty of five out of six counts in his trial about faking a hate crime. He could face up to 3 years in prison.
☕️ Starbucks workers voted to form a union in New York, the first workers union for the coffee company.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed U.S. cases as of 2 p.m. ET on Thursday: 49,579,384 — Total deaths: 793,663— Map
- A German court has ruled that remote workers who get hurt walking from their bed to their desk can claim workplace injuries.
- Governors in Maine, New York and New Hampshire have called in the National Guard to help with supply shortages due to Covid surges.
- One out of 10 Americans say that the Covid vaccine conflicts with their religious beliefs and 59% of Americans say that too many people are using religion not to get vaccinated.
- The FDA has approved booster shots for anyone 16 and older.
- Austria will fine people up to €3,600 every three months for not being vaccinated.