Happy Thursday. People are really confused about the new Papa John’s Pizza logo because it no longer has an apostrophe. Does this mean it is now pizza for all Johns?
credit: papa johns
In Case You Missed It.
🇨🇭 Same-sex couples will be able to legally get married in Switzerland starting next July.
🐒 The CDC has confirmed a case of monkeypox in Maryland.
🇧🇧 Barbados will launch the first virtual embassy in Metaverse, processing e-visas and other consulate services.
❓LeVar Burton will host a new game show called Trivial Pursuit. Who needs you, Jeopardy!?
📼 Lawyers for Kyle Rittenhouse have moved for a mistrial because they discovered that they received a lower-quality drone video than the other parties. The jury will still deliberate while a judge considers this.
📱 Apple will begin selling DIY phone repair kits to people wanting to avoid being smugly told that you need an appointment to ask a question at the Genius Bar.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed global cases as of 1:10 p.m. ET on Wednesday: 254,723,729 — Total deaths: 5,120,194 — Total vaccine doses administered: 7,559,661,612
- Unvaccinated people will no longer be allowed in public places in the Czech Republic, according to a new law. Recent negative tests no longer suffice there.
- Sweden is launching a new Covid pass, required for public indoor events, due to rising cases in the country.
- Covid cases in South Korea reached a record high.
- A new study shows that mask-wearing has reduced Covid cases by 53%.
- Disney Cruise Line will now mandate the Covid vaccine for all passengers over 5 years old.