The T.Rex at the Natural History Museum has an ugly Christmas sweater. You can buy a matching one in the gift shop.
In Case You Missed It.
🌋 At least 22 people were killed and thousands more evacuated from a volcano eruption in Indonesia.
⛷ The U.S. announced that it would not send diplomats to the Olympics in Beijing to protest human rights abuses in China. The country will send athletes to compete in the games however.
🐟 Newly proposed legislation in New Jersey would give animals the right to a court-appointed lawyer.
🌮 Jack in the Box is purchasing Del Taco for $575 million.
🎤 Netflix announced a comedy festival called “Netflix is a Joke.” Dave Chappelle will indeed be performing alongside Amy Schumer, Jerry Seinfeld, Tina Fey, David Letterman and more.
🗺 The U.S. Department of Justice has sued the state of Texas (yes again) over what it claims are discriminatory voting maps.
Coronavirus Update: 🗣 Total confirmed global cases as of 11:30 a.m. ET on Monday: 266,041,035 — Total deaths: 5,259,026 — Total vaccine doses administered: 8,202,869,195
- Unvaccinated people will now be excluded from indoor restaurants, theaters and museums in Italy.
- New York City has launched the most strict vaccine mandate in the U.S., requiring private businesses to require their workers to be vaccinated against Covid.
- The E.U. has approved an anti-inflammatory medicine to treat adults hospitalized with Covid.
- France will close nightclubs and tighten social distancing measures for the holidays.
- An early report shows that Omicron patients had less severe Covid cases and were less likely to need hospitalization.