Happy Tuesday. Smoke from wildfires has reached the North Pole. Santa is not happy.
In Case You Missed It.
🚨 New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has announced he will resign in the wake of abuse scandals.
🎡 A group of gun owners sued the Minnesota State Fair demanding the right to bring their guns to the fairgrounds. Why exactly do you need that at a fair?
☎️ Connecticut became the first state to make phone calls free in prison.
😳 A landlord in Las Vegas opened fire with a handgun on his non-paying tenants. That’s against the eviction moratorium.
🔫 A man in D.C. live-streamed his modded handgun that he had turned into a machine gun on Instagram and Metro Police were watching. They proceeded to find and arrest him.
🚔 The Texas Supreme Court ruled that Democrats who fled the state to avoid voting on new voter laws can be arrested and dragged back to the state Capitol for a vote.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed U.S. cases as of 1:05 p.m. ET on Tuesday: 35,963,743 — Total deaths: 617,543— Total tests: 513,993,992
- Stevie Nicks has canceled all festival appearances for the year out of concern for rising Covid cases.
- Southwest Airlines, American Airlines and Delta Airlines will not require employees to be vaccinated, unlike United Airlines, which will require a vaccine by October.
- Texas hospitals are near capacity and Governor Greg Abbott is asking hospitals to delay “elective” medical procedures.
- France, Italy and other European countries are now using the green pass to authenticate vaccines. Restaurants that do not comply face a fine of €1,000 and can be closed down for up to 10 days.
- A judge ruled that Amazon cannot block the New York Attorney General from investigating its Covid protection measures.