Happy Friday. An art collector just discovered a long-lost original Vincent Van Gogh painting at a countryside auction. It's called "Auvers, 1890” — in its original condition and signed on the back by “Vincent." It's likely Van Gogh painted this in the last two months of his life.
What did you find during your Spring cleaning?
In Case You Missed It.
🛑 There has been a ceasefire in the Hamas/Israel conflict after 11 bloody days of fighting.
🚔 An 11-year-old girl marked her attacker with blue slime so the police could find him. She got the idea from watching “Law and Order.”
🐓 The CDC is warning people not to kiss or snuggle poultry birds due to risk of salmonella. There goes your weekend!
🇬🇱 U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said that the U.S. does not want to buy Greenland, even though former President Trump proposed the idea during his administration.
🩲 This is a fun article about the history of the Speedo. The first men to wear them in 1961 were arrested for public nudity but later released because “no pubic hair was showing.”
✅ Twitter will relaunch its verification program to allow everyone to get verified, not just the Kardashians.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed cases as of 6:30 p.m. ET on Thursday: 33,050,952 — Total deaths: 588,443— Total tests: 455,000,070
- The U.S. military had a 55% increase in vaccinations last month.
- Six House Republicans have been fined $500 for not wearing a mask in the chamber, as is the rule.
- Covid is raging out of control in Nepal and hospitals are running out of beds.
- The Ohio vaccine lottery was a bit hit so New York State will hold one too. Prize money ranges from $20 to $5 million.
- Parisians can go to cafes again after a 6-month shutdown.