Happy Friday. This is the last day of Spring Break for our kids. That means they return to school on Monday and we can again write this newsletter without them in our faces! We blame them for any recent typos we may have missed.
In Case You Missed
👎🏻 It looks as though the union at the Amazon warehouse in Alabama has been voted down after so much political support. The vote counting will complete later today.
💸 Rapper Sean Combs, AKA Diddy, is being called out for hypocrisy after penning a letter to corporate America demanding Black America be paid more. Combs’ record label has been accused of exploiting other black artists and using Honduran sweatshops for his clothing line.
📺 Netflix reached a deal with Sony Pictures for rights to stream the studio’s movies after theatrical release, including all of the “Spider-Man” movies.
🔥 Disneyland is planning to open Avenger Campus on June 4, if all goes according to plan. It was supposed to open last July. The parks will reopen at the end of April at 15% capacity.
🚗 Tiny electric cars are about to flood the market.
𐃏 Volvo’s new concept electric car doesn’t have a steering wheel.
🇷🇺 The White House and Germany are concerned about “Russian aggressions” and say that there are more Russian troops on the Ukraine border than any other time since 2014.
🩺 The CDC is working to designate racism as a “serious public health threat.”
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed cases as of 8 p.m. ET on Thursday: 30,998,579 — Total deaths: 560,065 — Total tests: 402,066,700
- Costco is adding items back to the food court slowly to comply with reopening guidelines and enthusiasts are thrilled because: Yes to that chicken bake!
- Apparently it’s cooler to take the Pfizer vaccine than the Moderna one.
- Florida is suing the federal government to allow the cruise industry to sail again, asking for similar rules as the airlines.
- Brazil set another daily death record and President Jair Bolsonaro is facing an investigation into his response to the pandemic.
- Vaccinated mothers are donating their breast milk to other babies since breastmilk has been shown to carry Covid antibodies.