Happy Tuesday. Did you know rice paddy art was a thing? Volunteers in Japanese villages work together to plant words and images into their fields and it has become an art form. Talk about community!
credit: inakadate village
In Case You Missed It.
🛢 Many oil refineries in the Gulf were shut down due to Hurricane Ida but experts are asking people not to panic-buy gas.
🧸 Officials in Minnesota that are fighting wildfires are worried that too many food donations will attract bears.
👾 Nintendo may bring vintage games from the Game Boy days to the Switch.
🪚 Netflix has bought the rights to the next “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” film.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed U.S. cases as of 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday: 39,026,744 — Total deaths: 638,604
- Yet another variant of Covid was detected in South Africa on Monday. They are calling it the C.1.2. lineage but scientists say that it has been detected at a low rate.
- A new study shows that the Moderna vaccine produces twice as many antibodies as the Pfizer vaccine.
- A chiropractor in Florida is suddenly popular for issuing medical exemption forms for students not to have to wear masks in schools.
- The Education Department has launched an investigation into states that ban the use of masks in schools. This could risk school funding to states found to not be protecting students with disabilities or other vulnerabilities.
- Non-vaccinated people in Canada were dismissed from jury duty. That’s one way to get out of it.