Real snow caused a problem at the Beijing Olympics because officials had already packed courses with fake snow.
In Case You Missed It.
🚽 In related news, this headline: “NBC’s Winter Olympics ratings have ski-jumped straight into the toilet.” They are the worst in Olympic history.
📺 Marvel shows will disappear from Netflix later this month. That whole Disney+ service seems to be working out for Disney.
💻 The White House is warning companies against using Russian chip makers in anticipation of a possible conflict.
🇩🇪 Germany re-elected President Frank-Walter Steinmeier for a second term.
🥑 Avocados from Mexico are being held up for security reasons.
⛸ Kamala Valieva will compete in the Olympic figure skating events after an international court ruled that she can after she tested positive for a banned substance.
Covid Update 😷:
- A new Covid variant has been reported called “Delta x Omicron Recombinant.” It is like a Valentine’s Day love child of Delta and Omicron.
- Police removed the remaining Canadian vaccine mandate protestors on Sunday.
- New Zealand leaders say that the vaccine mandate protest is an “imported” phenomenon. Meaning, it’s a trend that her country picked up from abroad. Like skinny jeans.
- South Korea is preparing to administer a fourth Covid booster this month.
- Hong Kong is calling their Omicron outbreak the fifth wave.