Happy Friday! Today we’re bringing back our Grover Mug giveaway. Buried in today’s newsletter is a hidden word that doesn’t belong. It’s out of place. It’s a fish out of water. It’s a black sheep. I can’t think of any more.
Anyway. Find that random hidden word and then go to this link to fill in your COMPLETE information. And we’ll announce three winners on today’s live morning show at 9 AM Eastern. Please be sure to fill out your address and name completely so that we can mail you the free mug. Use this link to fill in your answer.
In Case You Missed It.
Time Magazine named Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as Person of the Year. Perhaps the magazine should look up AP style for the plural of “person.”
President-elect Joe Biden appointed Susan Rice to lead the White House Domestic Policy Council.
Tasmanian devils have learned to cope with what was previously thought to be a fatal cancer and the species may not go extinct as a result.
Ben & Jerry’s introduced an ice cream flavor inspired by Colin Kaepernick called “Change the Whirled.” It is made with caramel non-dairy sunflower butter, fudge chips, graham crackers, and chocolate cookies.
A man in Florida paid over $7,000 to pay overdue utility bills for 114 families in need.
Coronavirus Update: Total confirmed U.S. cases as of 6:30 p.m. ET Thursday: 15,550,786 — Total deaths: 291,754 — Total recoveries: 5,891,885
- Pfizer’s Covid vaccine was given a recommendation by an independent scientific committee to the FDA for distribution.
- Ellen DeGeneres has tested positive for Covid and her show has been put on hiatus until January.
- Miami will enforce a midnight curfew due to its Covid spike, even though Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said that lockdown measures are unenforceable in the state.
- Brazilian airline GOL will offer its aircraft for free to distribute the Covid vaccine in Brazil.
- New restrictions in Pennsylvania start tomorrow with no indoor dining, gyms, and school sports.