In Case You Missed It
🚁 NASA pulled off another remarkable first yesterday by launching a helicopter on Mars. The Ingenuity chopper successfully completed a test liftoff and landing. It has to survive -130 degree temps at night and an atmosphere of 1% the density of Earth. Bravo NASA!
🔥 The city of Dallas will stop arresting people for small amounts of marijuana intended for personal use.
💪🏼 This video is going viral where two kids try to rob a guy at gunpoint and the would-be victim body slams one attacker and turns the gun on him before they both run away.
🇫🇷 Facebook deleted the page for the Bitche, France because they thought it was a swear word. The page was reinstated with an apology.
🏛 The Supreme Court will not hear the case challenging the Presidential election in Pennsylvania. It was a unanimous decision by the Justices.
🇺🇸 Former Vice President Walter Mondale died on Monday at the age of 93.
👨⚖️ Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed an anti-riot bill that increases punishments for violent protests ahead of the verdict in the George Floyd case. Illinois Governor JB Pritzker called in the National Guard in anticipation of the trial verdict.
Coronavirus Update: 🗣 Total confirmed cases as of 1 p.m. ET on Monday: 31,674,388 — Total deaths: 567,279 — Total tests: 417,360,348
- Due to a shortage of doctors, Japan is considering allowing dentists to administer the Covid vaccine.
- Oregon officials are considering making mask mandates permanent.
- The U.S. added “Do Not Travel” advisories for 80% of countries worldwide due to the pandemic. There were already 34 countries under this warning level. This move adds 130 more.
- Israel ended its mandatory outdoor mask requirements.
- One study shows a lower Covid infection rate in women who take vitamins.
- Medical experts are warning about “re-entry anxiety.” This is the anxiety that some feel about going back out into the world after getting used to being at home.