In Case You Missed It
credit: tahoe daily
🔥 Officials in California have called in a Super Scooper to fight fires. The aircraft can carry up to 1,600 gallons of water at a time. It will draw water from Lake Tahoe to the Tamarack Fire, which has burned nearly 70,000 acres already.
🛹 Japan scored the first gold medal at the Olympic Games in skateboarding. The medal went to 22-year-old Yuto Horigome.
🐝 Police arrested a Capitol rioter who they found because he had used the dating app Bumble while he was there.
🇮🇳 A monsoon in India caused over 100 deaths over the weekend.
✈️ The U.S. Air Force will land planes on Michigan highways in the coming weeks as a training exercise. You’ve been warned!
🤦🏻♂️ The U.S. has it ramped up airstrikes in Afghanistan, despite President Biden’s assurance that they will withdraw from the country by the end of August.
🗣 Coronavirus Update: Total confirmed global cases as of 12:30 p.m. ET on Sunday: 193,927,751 — Total deaths: 4,156,176 — Total vaccine doses administered: 3,838,241,025
- A federal court has lifted restrictions for cruise ships in Florida.
- Police used tear gas on protestors during anti-vaccine protests in Paris over the weekend.
- Several states have scaled back Covid case reporting from daily to weekly.
- Shionogi & Co., a pharma company in Japan has started trials on a Covid pill to treat patients.
- The unvaccinated snow leopard at the San Diego Zoo has contracted Covid.