Happy Friday. Beer Stein Holding Season officially kicks off this weekend. Yes, it’s a sport and you should be ashamed for even asking if it’s real. Here are a few rules:
- If any beer drips you’re disqualified.
- Your thumb cannot rest on top of the stein it must reside with the other fingers.
- Some arching of the back is tolerated, but not too much.
The average person can hold a beer stein straight out for about 90 seconds. The world record is 21 minutes 17 seconds.
In Case You Missed It.
🥐 France will offer free contraceptives for all women up to the age of 25 starting next year.
🏈 The Super Bowl champion Tampa Buccaneers kicked off the NFL season last night with a victory over the Dallas Cowboys 31-29.
🔥 Hundreds are being evacuated in Spain due to wildfires.
🇰🇵 Kim Jong Un held a midnight parade to celebrate the 73rd anniversary of Pyongyang. The photos show that the leader has lost weight, true to a state media report in June.
🛂 Ontario is launching a digital ID program.
🏛 The Supreme Court will go back to the courtroom this October for the first time since March of 2020.
⚖️ The United States Justice Department has sued the state of Texas over its new abortion law.
Coronavirus Update: 😷 Total confirmed U.S. cases as of 2:15 p.m. ET on Thursday: 40,503,408 — Total deaths: 653,332
- Health officials said that eight pregnant women and one infant have died of Covid in Mississippi.
- Miami airport has deployed dogs that can sniff out Covid with 97% accuracy.
- Covid cases in New Zealand are down and the government will consider easing lockdowns on Monday.
- Los Angeles County is the first school district to mandate the Covid vaccine for all children 12 and over.