The Taxman Is Coming For You

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

If you have moved to a different state to telecommute, you may be taxed in that state, depending on how long you’ve been there. If you crossed state borders to work from home, the state you moved to may want to charge you non-resident state taxes.

In order to be on top of this, track exactly how long you have been working in a different place, and check your paycheck to see which state is withholding your taxes. Bring this to your tax adviser or Human Resources representative and get some answers. The time to ask your tax advisers about this is NOW, not after 2020 is over. Failure to do so could result in a big tax bill from your new home state and that would suck.

Share this article

Related Articles

Join the mailing list

Get the daily email that makes reading the investment news actually enjoyable.

Scroll to Top